What I can and can't feed my Beardie
I was so worried when my bearded dragon didn’t poop for over 3 weeks. I made sure to give him frequent baths and i started feeding him more high fiber foods including lettuce. He finally went after the third week. There are many reasons why your bearded dragon may not be pooping.
Here are a few thing you can try.
- Start by making sure the temperature in his/her tank is warm enough 90-95 degrees.
- Switch out the heat lamps
- Try giving him/her a warm bath and gently rubbing his/her belly.
- Make sure he/she is getting enough water
- Take him/her to the vet if the condition worsens
- I have written a list of reasons why your bearded dragon might not be pooping
- Younger bearded dragons have problems digesting too many worms. If your feeding your bearded dragon to many meal worms or cockroaches it can be difficult for them to digest. Make sure that your giving your bearded dragon a variety of food.
- I can not stress how important it is for your lizard to have enough heat
- Dehydration – if your feeding your lizard fruits or vegetables make sure to rinse them off, in doing so your lizard will be able to absorb water from the fruits/vegetables while they eat them.
- I recommend using AstroTurf instead of sand or other lizard flooring that contains smalls particles
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Feel Free to post a comment.